Wednesday 1 August 2007

45 degrees in the shade!!

That's 113 F in old money.

It peaks at about 5pm in the day. Really really hot. Nice though. It's so dry.

I noticed today, that metal in the shade is even nearly too hot to touch.. so even the air has heated it up.

Bloody bliss lying by/in the pool. Still got aboot 1/3 of Harry Plopper to read.

I've built the mountiain bike up, but tbh I'm not sure it's gonna get much use... I mean mountain biking (and it would be up and down mountains) in 45+ degrees heat would be slightly mental.

I think the best thing is maybe to get up early one morning and go for a bike run. It's coolest when the sun rises. By about 11am it is getting very hot, so it'd need to be pretty much after sunrise.

Saying that, I ain't planning anything.. it's a holiday. If it happens it happens.

I'll buy a place here in a heartbeat though... it's just so perfect and quiet, and hot.. :-)

No comments: