Monday 15 September 2008

Kilncadzow Flight 14th September 2008

Now I'm stationed in Livingston for the next 3 months, I took the
opportunity to ship my paramotor up.

Apart from the sheer bo1ocksing up citylink made of that forcing me
and my dad to have to drive from edinburgh to birmingham and back to
pick it up from their 'hub'.. it does mean I can try to fly at the
weekends.

And against all odds, the weather suddenly changed sunday morning
around the village (Kilncadzow), and was ideal.

I took off with my two wee neices watching first time (whew), and had
a great flight down over Carluke, down to Crossford, and following the
Clyde up to New Lanark and the Falls of Clyde, then over Lanark over
to the wind-turbine farm near Shotts, back over Carluke and finally
back to Kilncadzow.



75 min flight and 8 litre on the parajet.

It's one my my attempted comentary videos, however the throat mic has
slipped down a bit I think, so you will have to be a dab hand at
understanding mumbling scottish to work out anything I am saying.

And I just posted all my non-blurred piccies rather than selective
editing, as most of them were house shots for neighbours, friends and
relatives for them to download, so you'll have to skip by lots of them.


Still a few decent ones of the clyde and New Lanark and the
wind-turbine farm, and some decent take off and landing video.

I landed at the right time, as it was just starting to get a bit
blustery, and you'll see when I came into my final coming out the dog
leg. it just looses 20 feet suddenly. nice. Still... landed on my feet.

No great adventures to report.. nice clean sky.. a wee bit of
turbulance here and there, but nothing much. Mostly flew hands off on
mid trim.

http://powerlord.smugmug.com/gallery/5966871_aD6rJ

and video here (headcam and some ground footage):

http://www.vimeo.com/1731422

No comments: