Friday 19 June 2009

The Camel Bar

How things change!!!

9 years ago, the camel bar was the place to be for all the divers.

It was upstairs off the main street, sort of englishy with postcards from round the world posted on the walls.

All the dive instructors and students hung out there at the end of the day - mainly cause it was one of the few bars that existed.

Now we move on 10 years.... it's now like freckin vegas... more pubs, clubs and restuarants than you can shake a stick at.

I'd been warned it was very 'seedy' with russian hookers everywhere and folk offering you drugs every 10 yards.

That I have to say, is mince!!! it's a family place - lots of families wandering around. It's changed from being a dive only resort to a family resort, and I have to say I reckon it's done a pretty good job of it (ian if yer listening - wtf is the problem with sharm??)

Anyhoo, the upstairs corner bar, is now one of the biggest bars on the front.. so much so that I missed it when I tried to find it after 10 years...oops actually i've just realised that Im still sitting in some other bar and not the camel.. so will move on my next drink!!

All in all quite pleasant.

No comments: