Sunday 16 May 2010

Egypt Again - Dahab

Hot and Windy. Good combination.

Just by the pool today - I'll try snorkelling for the first time tomorrow.

I tried my 'equipment' today - I brought the monopod that I use on the paramotor - it basically allows me to mount my panasonic camera on one side of it, and the gopro on the other side. I thought it would work well in the water.

So tried it in the pool today - checking it worked and was waterproof, etc.

Waterproof wise, it works fine. However the problem is the gopro is a fixed focus fish-eye lense. It _says_ its 60m waterproof... so you'd think/expect it would work underwater.... however it did not mention... that every frame will be blurry as feck.... must be the optics not up to working under water with the refraction. bummer.

Ill have a look on the internet to seeif anyone has a solution

No comments: