Monday 9 November 2009

True 3d Movies

So.. I might not have mentioned that I have been shooting most of my video in true 3d.

That is - I have 2 identical HD video cameras mounted next to each other either on my helmet, or on a pole and all video is shot as left and right view.

My hope was that with some experimentation with parallax seperation and tow in, I could create some truely cool 3d paragliding video - maybe the first time it's been done ??

Anyhoo, just got back to blighty today and had a quick play with a few sample clips I took, and bugger me it works amazingly well. I'm using optimised colour magenta/cyan anaglyph technique at the moment (you need a pair of glasses like the latest 3d films use - carolyne, etc). I just watched some of Gericke's point and it truely looks awesome. Some clips will work better than others - I playted quite a bit with the toe-in of the cameras. I should be able to knock together a pretty stunning 3d video in a week or so - you will need glasses to watch, but they can be got for 50p for ebay.

No comments: