Monday 26 October 2009

How not to launch a paraglider

Ok, here's the video.

Basically a reverse inflation, but when I turned round I screwed it up and didn't get on the left brake quick enough. The result was that the glider started moving to the right. Not usually a problem... however more of a problem when there is a bloke in front of you to the right also about to launch his glider....

My muppet like brain decided that the best thing to do under the circumstances was not to abort the launch.. oh no... I decided that the best thing to do was to continue, leap over the bloke's lines trying to launch, then try to straighten out the wing and take off....

Somehow I actually did manage to jump over all his lines, much to his surprise.. however by the time I landed the wing had collapsed.

Moral of this story: god knows - my brain makes these decisions with no active input from me... so if it happens again, so be it !

No comments: