Thursday 29 October 2009

Tuesday

Tuesday was flyable, but the wind was moving around all over the place.

We went to a site called 'sedgefield' for the morning. Awesome views from the top of the hill of the bay in front then the indian ocean.





Got 2 flights in there, but not much soaring - the wind just wasn't strong enough coming up the hill most of the time, though a few people did manage a top landing.

We then grabbed some lunch and headed back the the Map of Africa site but it wasn't great conditions either, however I did manage to get one quick top to bottom flight in.

More cool was the 7 Southern Right whales we saw. They were all playing with each other near the beach for at least 30 mins.

We then decided to hit the town for cocktail hour... which sort of extended into a pissup...

I woke up lying in a field at 6.30am....

When I got back to the house, I went straight to my bed and slept for the next 24 hours.. missing wednesday completely... thankfully I didn't miss anything as it wasn't flyable.

No comments: