Sunday 16 January 2011

Day 1

Well, I've arrived. Working through the flights, I think this is my 7th trip to South Africa, but only my 3rd for 'pleasure' purposes.

Virgin this time - never flown them before - always BA or once KLM. Got what is apparently the best economy seat on the place - 63a according to reviews on the net. Have to say it was not bad - loads of leg room + lots of space between me and the window. I'd say roughly on par with business class on KLM tbh.

Hoped there might be a chance that paramotoring Ian might be flying the thing, but no such luck.

Impressed with Virgin - one thing noticeable is that it all full size bottles of alcohol on board - no wee bottles of wine. Which was a cunning move I reckon - you need to walk up to the galley for a drink otherwise and they don't exactly advertise the fact.

It's 00:44 when I write this. I reckon a few more G+Ts and I might sleep a bit before we get to Joburg.

4 hours at joburg before the connection, so plenty time.

No comments: