Tuesday 18 October 2011

Day 2 and in the air!

Well - bloody foggy again today, but not as much - so into the air we went!

Fluffed the first forward - wasn't used to the high hang points being soooo high.

Next attempt fine, power on and up I went. I'm flying a snap 100 engined thing. It's actually a very quiet motor, and I only need just more than tick over to fly level.

Once up it was nice and smooth, but visibility was around 500m only.

I stayed up for about 30 mins. And.. wait for it - landed on my feet!!! yeh :-)

A bit later I had another flight - another forward - up first time and had more of a play around. The wind was getting up though, and I was more or less hovering by the end. Which at least made the landed easy. Again managed to land on my feet.

Wind picked up now, and getting a bit more gusty as we sit here having lunch. We'll have to see what the afternoon holds….

No comments: