Thursday 20 October 2011

day 3 - guess what - it's foggy

yup, another foggy cold day in mexico.

The morning was spent helping Jeff shoot a stunt video - with him flying his paramotor and landing it on a moving truck. I was one of the photographers - sitting in a shopping basket in the front of a quad bike while the driver drove it along behind the truck along the beach.

Got some great video of that - but since it's going on Jeff's new DVD I can't really post it. But here's a still:


In the afternoon I went for a bit of a cross country flight - flew over into a valley and spied a bit of sunshine hitting the top of a mountain. So up I went in search of it. When I got into it I could see the sun for the first time (LITERALLY) since leaving the UK. The cloud was more sparse here, so I went for it and flew up through the cloud into the sun. With the sun behind me, my shadow was on the cloud and I had a circular halo rainbow around me!:

It closed in though, and I had to fly down through the cloud to get back down - there was about 10 seconds where I couldn't see a thing, but it was so smooth and benign that I made a call that it was safe…. cough. don't try this at home kids….


anyhoo, got back ok and it was a nice flight. I yup - I landed on my feet again for the 4th time. Getting the hang of this now :-)

No comments: