Thursday 12 June 2008

Day 4

Sorry for the lack of piccies. I thought my camera had a USB plug.. but its a mini thing that I didn't bring a lead for, and my laptop won't read the card :-( I'll try and take some with the N95 or get a card reader. In which case, look out for piccies over the weekend.

Just checked the weather for the weekend: 16-20 degrees, no clouds and no wind. Ideal for jumping out of planes !

And the local club has got back to me and said they can fit me in over the weekend, so I might as well go for it. Probably be quite a bit of waiting around, but I think I only need 2 dives with instructors, and assuming it all comes back to me I can then go onto my solos again.

Now just need to try and remember what to do again... I think it was left hand to pull, or was that to release my chute and plumet to my death....hmmm..

What else.. it is a really classy neighbourhood the hotel is in... next block has a 'drive thu' Huster sex shop... quite how that works I'm not sure.

And the streets are full of these little feckin vans that act as buses for the locals... and they toot their horns contantly to drum up business. I mean constantly... all throughout the day. And night... so I'm glad I brought ear plugs.

Oh yeh, did you know South African's pay a tv licence every year just like us ? And just like us they have adverts telling them the 'detector vans' will be coming to get them if they don't pay up... thought we were the only ones that had licences.

No comments: