Friday 13 June 2008

Friday

Finally got a loan of a 3g card from IBM, so got net access during the day at last.

So.. thus ends my first week. Turns out is is a bank holiday on monday in south africa.. 'youth day'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_Day

So.. office will be closed on monday. Which means I don't have access to the bit of hardware I'm over here  to build/configure.

However, can probably be productive for a day on the laptop from the hotel (or drop zone...), so will see how I get on at the weekend skydiving.

Shops at the big mall (Menlyn Mall) close at 9pm tonight, so plan is to get out of here at 5pm, back to hotel for a quick change then out to get some cheap clothes. Last time I was here there were some good deals to be had. Say, in your sort of 'burtons' equivalent shops prices are about 1/2 what they are in the UK. And at least you get some shirts and t-shirts which arn't the same as every other bod is wearing in the UK.

Have to be at the drop zone for 9am tomorrow morning.

There is a pool there apparently, though dunno if it will be open in the middle of winter (maybe I can aim for that?). So like last time, there will probably be quite a bit of waiting about during the day, so I'll bring a book and the mp3 player.

Weather looks like being decent so can maybe get some sun.. though the locals think I am mad walking about with a tshirt on as they wander by in parkers with wooly hats on.

I'll try and get an SDHC card reader at the mall too, and can post some piccies over the weekend.

It is now 3.30pm on friday, and I'm about the only one left in the pigging office, what with it being a long weekend :-(

No comments: