Saturday 14 June 2008

Giving it a miss

So, we had a debrief of my level 3. Although generally happy with my stablity, etc the instructor was concerned that I didn't check my alti enough (or at least she couldn't see I was).

So, they wanted me to then start from level 5.

Level 5, 6 and 7 require one instructor rather than 2, but still cost R1000 (60 quid) a jump.

After them I'd then have my 2 sky dive solos again (level 8 and 9), then a final 'hop and pop' where you jump out the plane at 4500 feet and deploy immediately to show you can do this if there is an emergency.

Anyway, there is no way I am going to have time to do 6 more jumps. They were going to struggle to fit one more in today, and that would only leave sunday.

I really don't see the point of me doing levels 5+ again. Sure if I was going to take the sport up and continue, but I'm not. I prefer paramotoring.

So, all I'd achieve is being 200 quid lighter just to get to the point of doing a solo.

I think it would be worth it if I hadn't done a solo before, but since I got 2 nice solos in last time at Cape town, I feel there is nothing to be gained by continuing through the course again.

So, for now anyway, thats the end of the sky diving. until next time....

No comments: