Sunday 15 June 2008

Sunday in Pretoria

Quite day today. Got up and went for a wander downtown. The hotel staff advised against it, but I figured they were just being pussies. None the less, I left my passport and wallet, etc in the hotel , and hit my money in a sock down my pants.

Walked around the downtown shops and stall for an hour or so. Counted 2 whites in all that time (100s of blacks). Still, I am sure I blended in with my shades, camera and shorts and t-shirts while they went around with parkers and woollen hats on.. they probably just took me for a local. Master of disguise, that's me.



I've never seen as many bloody hair dressers in my life. Every other shop is a frecking hair dressers. If it isn't a hair dressers, it's either a sex shop, a pub or a church. The churches are just 'shops' in amongst the other shops (see piccy). Being sunday, obviously they were full and in full gospel mode.



Never had any bother from anyone. Clearly my disguise worked. :-)

No comments: