Saturday 17 November 2012

2 jumps today

Weather forecast said cloudy all day, so I was looking forward to a first lie in…. but 7am and it was a blue sky!

I got to the DZ at 9.30 (usually only opens at 9) and they had already done 3 loads. My first one was the best - nice clean summersault exit, and then some tracking, turns, etc then under canopy - landing 3m from the spot in the end.

I then got on the next load too - a bit rushed, but another summersault exit, and this time just concentrated on arching and how small changes in body position change how you fly through the sky.

When we loaded I knew the wind had got up, but at altitude it didn't seem so bad - turned out it was really strong lower than 2k or so: so I ended up landing 100m or so from the spot that time: not great. Even getting the canopy collapsed was tricky.

Because of the increased wind, they then stopped anyone without a 'C class' (300 jumps) licence jumping so called it a day and went back the relax at the pool.

The instructors have also had a U-turn and decided they don't want me jumping with my gopro camera anymore till I have 100 jumps.. which is annoying as there is no good reason for it, and I was finding the footage really useful to see what I was doing right and wrong. However - what they say goes, so no more video footage :-(

Here me doing a summersault out the plane:


and here's my canopy opening… very slowly… this one takes what seems like ages where it just sits there like a ball of crap (I am informed that that is simply the way this one opens!):

No comments: