Wednesday 14 November 2012

putting a cap in yer ass

Crap weather today, so after sitting about the DZ all morning watching wave after wave of rain come in I persuaded a fellow brit, and a german lufthanza pilot to come down to a local gun range with me.

Luckily Stephane, the pilot, had fired a handgun in the army… so he was our 'expert'. Saying that, the gun shop owner couldn't really care: "have you every shot a gun before? me and chris: er.. no" "ok - well sign this bit of paper to say if you do summit stupid its not my fault. here's a GLOCK 9mm, have fun"

With the extensive safety briefing over, we bought 50 bullets each ($13) (handgun hire for $5 each), and off we went.

Stephane showed us how to load it, and we were off shooting targets at the indoor range. Even with ear protectors on, its loud, but no as much kick as I was expecting. Plus the GLOCK handgun, being ceramic is very light - it feels like a little toy gun (as 9mm lead death rains out the end).

Amazing how quick you go through 50 bullets. As the full 25 yards it's pretty tricky, but as you can see, my target would still very definitely be dead.. so don't mess with me!

Chris on the other hand's target came back without a single hole in it.. the funny thing is he was sure he was right on target! hahaha.

Will probably go down again later in week and try my hand with a 45 or a magnum. Amazing that in the UK, you can't shoot a gun, even in a frecking private gun club but over here, I give em $5 (no ID required) and can shoot a handgun all day!

 

No comments: