Tuesday 20 November 2012

call that a gun, THIS is a gun

Crap weather again today (cloudy, then too windy), so went back the the gun range.

'Course I'm an expert now that I've been once 'yeh, I'd like a 45 this time'. They are pretty straightforward automatics - safety, cocking, chambers, magazine, etc.

So - the 45… you'd think maybe that .45 of an inch ain't that much bigger than 9mm… well you'd be wrong. the bullets are about twice as big:


More 'stopping power' and more of a kick back. Also they cost about twice as much (12 quid for 50 rather than about 7 quid for 9mm).

So, here's my efforts with the 45:


not too bad. I reckon the burglar would be dead.

The outliers are where I got a bit carried away and just kept shooting quickly without aiming - it's kind of addictive. No wonder so many people are shot in america. :-)

Anyhoo, after that weather still shit today - even though the clouds burned off the wind is 25mph so the DZ closed down, so back to the pool for some sun. I've had it all to myself all week, but today had to share it with this bloke:

No comments: