Sunday 11 November 2012

Day 1 in not so sunny florida


Well, got to the DZ (drop zone) this morning at 8am. Windy and cloudy here in 'the sunshine state'.

It's now midday and I've done all my ground training refresher and passed the test, but I don't think I'm gonna get a jump today - the wind needs to be 14mph maximum for student jumps, and at the moment it is around 17 gusting to 22. Forecast says its gonna stay the same for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow looks much the same, though maybe calming down in the evening.

So today - I'm gonna hang about the DZ just in case. Tomorrow, I think it will be do other stuff till the afternoon, unless they particularly thing that I could get a jump in the morning.

The plan is to have me to a 'level 1' jump again. Thats the first freefall jump you'd usually do - 2 instructors, one either side of you and you are focusing on stable falling, altitude awareness and good canopy control and landing. Hopefully if I get that right we can skip some levels.

It's not stopping more experienced jumpers going though, which is annoying.


No comments: