Tuesday 15 July 2008

Change of plan

Right, so with stops on the bike, etc you are talking a 12 hour trip there, and a 12 hour trip back.

Which is totally mental. It's mental in a car even with 2 folk to share the driving. It's insane on a bike.

So I have chickened out and booked a flight direct joburg to richards bay. get there saturday 10am, leave at 1600 on the sunday.

Aileen (my neice) has went back to Varsity near Durban so I'll have to drive 100 miles or so down to there to see her either saturday or sunday, so I will see about hiring a bike in Richards bay to do that as it looks like a cool drive down the coast. But failing that, I'll get a hire car.

Even then it will be a 200 mile round trip.. so say 4 hours driving. So that's a nice amount for biking.

Dunno if I'll be able to hire a bike in Richards bay though. But I can but try.

No comments: