Tuesday 15 July 2008

Hmm.. it's a long long way to ...

Funny how you look at Africa, and yer sub concious I reckon changes it to 'britain'. So you look at pretoria to Durban and think: aye, thats like london to Brighton.

And you see 600Km but it's km so it doesn't mean much anyhoo.

Oh, and I need to go to Richards Bay, not Durban.. which is another 100 miles up the coast.

According to Brabys Road Map, it is gonna take 9 1/2 hours.

http://tinyurl.com/5d67g3

which is quite a way to drive in a day in any vehicle.. never mind an Enduru Dakar motorbike.

So.. having second thoughts that I have bitten off more than I can chew here tbh.

I'll need to work through it tonight I think.. but I am thinking that 10 hours each way is a bloody long way.. possibly too long to do in 2 days on a bike... might need to think again.

No comments: