Thursday 24 July 2008

Learning to Drive

Got picked up last night by the hotel from work as usual.

But 2 of them in the car. We pull away and it is immediately obvious that the bloke driving can't. That is... he is all over the road, treats the brakes like an on/off switch, and keeps forgetting to change gear and missing or stalling it several times...

Yup.. they are 'training a new driver'.

Now, you'd think that might mean showing him the best routes through the city, taking him through the paperwork, etc. Oh no, it means teaching him how to fecking drive apparently.

I got about 2 miles and after him driving through the 2nd stop sign without seeing it, I demanded we stopped and either the other bloke take over, or I'd bloody drive, but I'm damned if I am sitting here while some numpty learns to drive a car with me in it.

Quite how they ever thought this was acceptable I can't get my head round.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did it bring back memories ?

powerlord stu said...

Nah, I wiz a natural me.. born to drive.