Thursday 24 July 2008

Weekend

So, Dunno what I'll do at the weekend.

I looked into hiring a bike and doing the national parks.

Problem is: apparently lions go for bikers. They are about the size of antelopes, and move about the same speed, etc.

So, bikes are banned from parks with big cats. poofs.

It is ok for a few other parks like GoldenGate and Karoo that don't have cats, but do have elephants and rhinos, etc... so not sure I get the logic.. maybe rhinos don't go for bikers ??

But they are both further away that the nearest one (Kruger).. and that was still 500Km away.

So, I reckon that too, is just too far for a weekend driving.

It's only about 500Km to the Zimbabwe border and I considered going up there for an adventure.. go over, become a trillionaire for the day, etc. However a look on the british embassy page shows they are advising against ANY travel to Zimbabwe and telling all current british citizens to leave immediately if possible... poofs.

Weather looks like being ok, and the hotel looks like it is sorting out sunbeds, pool etc so must have hit the 'spring' date over here. So reckon I might just hang about at the pool and listen to some books.

I did fancy the bike hire, but it is gonna be a pain to organise, going down to Joburg, etc and it is not worth doing unless I have a real goal.

Renualt F1 are here sunday down the road near Joburg with a street race thing. But I reckon that'll be pretty boring.

I might have a word with one of the guys here tomorrow and find out where that cooling tower swing thing is. Or there is also a 600m long death slide somewhere which might be a larf.

Possibly hire a car locally sat and do that sort of stuff, the hang about the hotel sunday maybe.

After hearing from my aunty at the weekend about people getting shot dead on a weekly basis for their cars though (only 4 weeks ago my cousins friend was in a car with 3 of her friends and the driver was shot dead in the head, 2 weeks ago another friend of hers was raped 5 times and killed. A bloke fishing last week was shot dead for his tackle box, etc), it sort of takes the excitment away a bit....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like they are maybe sensible rather than Poofs !!!

powerlord stu said...

fah! didn't see a Lion all day. Would have been fine on the bike.